DL Debate – 24/05/21 Gynaecological Clinical Services Review to be carried out at LUH Google+ Google+ News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Twitter Journey home will be easier – Paul Hegarty A review of Gynaecological Clinical Services at Letterkenny University Hospital is to take place in the coming weeks.Bristol based hospital consultant Dr Margaret MacMahon, a Letterkenny native called on the Health Minister in September last to order an immediate review into the diagnosis and treatment of gynaecological cancers at the hospital.Its after her sister, Carol died of Cancer of the Womb, a treatable condition which Ms MacMahon claims was missed when her sister complained of pains in 2010, and was only diagnosed in 2012.In order to provide assurance, the Saolta Group, working closely with the HSE’s Women’s and Infant’s Health Programme Office has confirmed that it has initiated a Review of Gynaecological Clinical Services at Letterkenny University Hospital.The Clinical Review team will comprise of an Obstetrician/Gynaecologist together with a senior Nurse/ Midwife, external to the Group.The members of the Review Team are Mr John Price, Consultant Obstetrician; Ms Anne Kelly (Retired Director of Nursing / Midwifery); and Mr Gareth Clifford, QPS Office, Acute Hospitals.The Clinical Service Review will determine the current status of the quality and safety of Gynaecological Clinical Services in the hospital, including areas of strength and areas for further improvement, with a particular focus on the pathways of care for patients who present with Post-Menopausal Bleeding (PMB).It will also make recommendations if necessary to improve the status of quality and safety of Gynaecological Clinical Services in Letterkenny University Hospital.The Review Team are planning to visit Letterkenny University Hospital in mid-January to meet with relevant people. Previous articleFinal price of NCH should have been agreed long in advance – MacSharryNext articleEmergency services at scene of multi-vehicle crash near Muff News Highland Twitter Pinterest Harps come back to win in Waterford WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR By News Highland – January 14, 2020 Homepage BannerNews WhatsApp Facebook Facebook Pinterest Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows
November 18, 2020 /Sports News – Local Knicks move up with second first-round pick in Jazz swap FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailThe New York Knicks moved up a few spots with their second pick of the NBA draft’s first round by completing a trade with the Utah Jazz.The Knicks acquired the No. 23 pick from Utah, sending the Nos. 27 and 38 picks to the Jazz. New York also received the draft rights to Croatian center Ante Tomic, who was taken by the Jazz in the second round in 2008 but has spent his entire career in Europe.The Knicks’ first pick is the No. 8 selection. Tags: NBA Draft/New York Knicks/Utah Jazz Written by Associated Press
Nantes said they were pleased with FIFA’s decision.“Cardiff must honour their commitments and the rule of the laws of sport,” the club’s lawyers wrote in a text message sent to AFP.Nantes had previously appealed in February over Cardiff’s failure to pay the 17 million euros they said was owed because Sala had already signed for the Welsh side.The light aircraft Sala was travelling on came down in the English Channel during a night-time flight.His body was recovered, but that of the pilot, David Ibbotson, has never been found.A report by Britain’s Air Accidents Investigation Branch in August said that Sala and the pilot were likely exposed to “potentially fatal” levels of carbon monoxide on the plane.In the aftermath of the tragedy, Cardiff were relegated from the Premier League after just one season back in the top flight.Share on: WhatsApp FILE PHOTO: Emiliano SalaLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | Cardiff said on Wednesday they would appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport against FIFA’s decision to make them pay Nantes the first instalment of the transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.The world governing body this week ordered Cardiff to pay French club Nantes an initial six million euros ($6.5 million) in their dispute over the payment of the transfer fee for Sala.The amount corresponds to the first instalment of the 17 million-euro fee Cardiff had agreed to pay Nantes before the Argentine, 28, died in a plane crash in January while travelling to join his new club.The Championship club, who argue that Sala’s revised contract was not signed and that his playing registration was not complete, said they were “extremely disappointed” by the FIFA Players’ Status Committee’s decision.“It would appear the committee has reached its conclusion on a narrow aspect of the overall dispute, without considering the full documentation presented by Cardiff City to FIFA,” the statement said.“Nevertheless there remains clear evidence that the transfer agreement was never completed in accordance with multiple contractual requirements which were requested by Nantes, thereby rendering it null and void.“We shall be appealing to CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) in order to seek a decision which considers all of the relevant contractual information and provides clarity on the full legal situation between our two clubs.”In a statement on Monday, FIFA said it had “never lost sight of the specific and unique circumstances of this tragic situation during its deliberations on the dispute at stake.”
On the face of it, when the whistle blows at the Montego Bay Sports Complex this afternoon at 4 p.m., or whenever, signalling the start of the 2016 Red Stripe Premier League final, promoted team and multiple champions Portmore United should start as favourites. The team, which originated in the parish of Clarendon under the name Hazard before changing base to Portmore in St. Catherine but now straddles both parishes, has been the most consistent this season. That consistency saw them crowned ‘League’ champions as they ended the regular season with the most points and were duly rewarded with the $1m bonus. Additionally, Portmore United have owned Montego Bay United (MBU) on the three occasions that they have met this season. In their match, which marked their return to top-tier football, they defeated Montego Bay United 2-0, with Montego Bay resident Ricardo Morris responsible for one of them. That was followed up with a 1-0 win at the Juici field, courtesy of a Cleon Price strike. Morris was again on the score sheet along with Tramaine Stewart and Mark Alves as Portmore United left Montego Bay with a 3-1 win in the last meeting. QUALITY TEAM Even with the evidence, which is helped by the depth of their available squad, Portmore United coach Jeffrey Hewitt will not accept the favourites’ tag. “To me, MoBay will be starting favourites. This is their third consecutive final and that shows that they are very consistent. They are quality team and their record speaks to that, so no one can take anything away from them,” said Hewitt who was a part of Portmore United’s coaching staff when they won in 2008 and 2012. “Despite that, we are confident in our abilities and what we can do. Yes, we have beaten them in the three matches that we have played so far, but the past does not matter now. What matters is what we do on the day,” added Hewitt. According to the man who distinguished himself at Garvey Maceo, the Portmore United unit is so focused right now that nothing will distract them. Not even the protest action by MBU, which has seen them boycott a number of promotional events leading up to today’s big day and them threatening not to show up for the 4 p.m. start. “We are so focused that we are not entertaining any thoughts of them turning up or not. We are preparing for a 4 p.m. game and we will be showing up for that. “Tomorrow’s game, we are anticipating, will be a very competitive one. It is a final and our players know what is at stake and we have to go out there and compete,” he added. VERY OPEN While the Portmore United camp has been very open, the Montego Bay United camp has not so much as entertained a call or interview request from the media in relation to today’s game. The Sunday Gleaner, however, managed to speak with someone close to the camp. “My players are ready for the game. They have not been distracted by what is going on, and they will be showing,” the source said. “This is the third final that the team has been in, the past three years, and this is important to us. The first year, we won; last year, we came second; and this year, we are going out to win again. “Even if it is nine players, we are going to play them. No team can beat Montego Bay United four times in a season,” the source added. In addition to the record going against them, Montego Bay United have the offfield distractions which could spill over on the field going against them. Add to that the absence of two of their most potent players – Owayne Gordon, the season’s leading scorer to a loan deal, and Dino Williams to an injury. Allan Ottey is the only one available of that pacy and skilful trio. A lot will depend on the former schoolboy star who shone alongside Portmore’s Morris for St James High. Injury kept him out for chunks of the season, but he will have to lead the forward line with support from Cory Hylton. Goalkeeper Jacomena Barrett is a player with a lot to prove as he is a former Portmore United player and conceded three goals in the last match. Losing again will not sit well with him. If he reports in inspired form as he has been on occasion, he could lift his teammates. With almost everything stacked against them, this could be the motivation the Montego Bay United players need to pull off the improbable victory.
Former Manchester United defender Gerard Pique, recently linked with a move to Chelsea, will discuss his future with Barcelona after the international break, the Mirror say. The Spain international is reported to have fallen out with boss Luis Enrique and the Mirror say Chelsea are monitoring the situation. United, meanwhile, are apparently keen to re-sign him.It is has been reported that Enrique would be happy to sell Pique, 25, but that Barca chiefs want him to stay.The Express claim Chelsea are looking to offload Andre Schurrle to Borussia Dortmund in an exchange deal involving Marco Reus.A number of other Premier League clubs are said to be interested in Reus, 25, including Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United.He is reported to have a clause in his contract enabling him to leave for £20m at the end of the season, but it is claimed that Chelsea are not only interested but want to sign him in January.Blues boss Jose Mourinho is expected to offer Schurrle in a straight swap, the Express say.And there continues to be speculation over the future of highly-rated Fulham youngster Patrick Roberts.The Mirror say Liverpool are stepping up their interest in the teenager and are looking to beat Chelsea as well as Arsenal to his signing.Liverpool are said to have watched Roberts three times this season and be willing to loan him back to Fulham if they secure his transfer.Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
You don’t outwork your competitors by working more hours. The number of hours you are “on the clock” is not a measurement of work, unless you do manual labor. You can get to work early and turn the lights on, and stay late and be the last to leave the parking lot and still be outworked and out hustled.The amount of time you spend in your inbox is not a useful measurement of work either. You can work desperately to keep on top of every communication and request and still fall behind on your real work. In fact, time in inbox is an indicator of ineffectiveness. There should be a KPI for time in inbox, and that time should be proof of time mostly wasted.The number of meetings you attend isn’t a useful measurement either. You know that many of the meetings you attend subtract from your real output, with the exception of client meetings. Most of the meetings you attend aren’t held to make a decision, and most are only information sharing, much of the information being better suited for some other format.That fact that you are busy or that you are being paid doesn’t mean that you are working. While you are at work a lot of hours, in the inbox, attending meetings, and taking care of things that are urgent, your competitor is focused big outcomes.The only way to not be outworked is to produce outcomes that are aligned with your highest priorities and your highest goals. A lot of other tasks are necessary, but they aren’t going to move you forward. Not being outworked requires that you do the work that matters, and that you do less of the work that doesn’t.Right now, somewhere, there is someone who is attempting to outwork you. You are the only one who can stop them. Make big choices.
The 2008 Trends of the Game DVD is now available for purchase from the TFA Online Shop http://www.austouch.com.au/index.php?id=396 The 2008 Trends series again sees current Australian Coaches giving information about current trends in skills and tactics in the game, with this year’s theme being Back to Basics. Women’s Open Coach Kerry Norman’s investigates switching and how and when to perform a switch. Men’s Open Coach Tony Trad discusses the technique of defensive body position. Mixed Open Coach Bernie Morrison teaches the art of creating space, while Referee’s Director Lou Tompkins speaks about the two-by-two-by-two refereeing technique that is now being adopted across the country. Whether you are a player, referee, coach or spectator, do not miss the chance to obtain an insight into the coaching techniques of the current Australian Coaches.
Bournemouth boss Howe pleased with Mousset, Boruc in Cup defeatby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBournemouth boss Eddie Howe praised Lys Mousset and Artur Boruc after their Carabao Cup quarterfinal defeat to Chelsea.Substitute Eden Hazard struck in the 84th minute for Chelsea’s winner.Howe said, “One of the positives is our squad, there were players who hadn’t played regularly who did really well and it shows the strength in the squad.”I thought Lys Mousset did very well and that was his best performance for the club. Technically he reached a very high level and he’s a big part of our future.”Artur Boruc was outstanding, it doesn’t surprise me as he’s a player who always rises to the occasion and he thrives on the sternest tests.”He made a number of great saves and I don’t know how he saved the effort at the end [from Olivier Giroud].”He’s been a real professional off the pitch and has been a real support for Asmir.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Chelsea defender Zouma: Keep an eye on Yoan at Boltonby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea defender Kurt Zouma is delighted seeing his kid brother making it at Bolton Wanderers.Yoan Zouma joined Bolton in August 2018 and was made to feel at home by his elder sibling, who was on loan in the North-West at Everton last season.”We lived 20 minutes away from each other so he used to be at my house every day, always having dinner together,” Kurt told chelseafc.com.”He played in the Under-23s last season and now he’s played a few games for the first team. He has done well. He’s the same kind of player as me: big, strong and quick. He deserves what happens to him.”He has been working hard in France, where he went through a lot. Now he is here, not far from me in England. We are always on the phone; I try to give him some advice. Hopefully he gets through into bigger leagues. He’s my little brother, I love him so much and I’m very happy for him. I hope he keeps going, keeps working hard and keeps pushing in the first team.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say