Lastly, D.Bauer were winners over Lube-X. Miles Savard demonstrated strong leadership as he was the player of the game for D. Bauer. Bryce Legg took home the award for Lube-X after showing strong hustle and aggressive defense. Action from the Junior Division saw 3 games yesterday, all of which were closely contested. Team Red just got past Team Yellow by one. The player of the game for Team Red was Nathan Zinck, while Ben Peterson took the honours for Team Yellow.Another one point game from last night, this time it was Team Purple over Team White. Vaughn Oasay was recognized as player of the game for the purple squad, and Ben Peterson’s efforts didn’t go unnoticed as he was the player of the game for Team White.The final game from the Junior Division saw Team Teal get by Team Black by three points. Owen Barrow was the player of the game for Team Teal. Celine Quigley took the award for Team Black.- Advertisement -In Senior Girls play, Focus defeated Northern Valve. Kalyn Johnson displayed great shooting skills throughout the contest as she as the player of the game for Focus, and Brooke Olsen was the player of the game for Northern Valve.D. Bauer got their season started on the right foot as they beat Lube-X. Sam Archer’s hustle was noticeable during the course of the game as she was the play of the game for D. Bauer, and Jordan Steward was the player of the game for Lube-XSenior Mens action was on the hardwood as well yesterday. Northern Valve was victorious over Sunlife. Mark Dyke had a strong game on the boards en-route to being recognized as the player of the game for Northern Valve. Isaiahj Gladyz was solid defensively in taking the honour for Sunlife.Advertisement
– Advertisement –
The Condors also forfeited one game for use of another player who was ruled ineligible for filing improper transfer paper work. It was determined in that case it had been an honest mistake by the parent involved. In neither situation was Ancich deemed responsible for any wrongdoing. Ancich said he hopes to be coaching football this fall, and is exploring several potential opportunities. In a brief interview Wednesday, he chose not to discuss them. “Everything got pretty crazy there for awhile,” he said. “I just want to put all that behind me and move on.” Applications for the position are being accepted through today. email@example.com (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3046 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “I came to Cal High to build a championship team, and do a lot of different things to upgrade the program. It wasn’t working.” Ancich, who coached the Condors for three seasons, made strides in the program, including the number of players involved and support from parents and student body. “When I got here, there were 86 to 100 players participating in all levels combined,” Ancich said. “Last season, we had more than 200 overall. We’ve increased everything … income, crowd and parent participation, number of players. “The spirit on campus definitely was up. People were talking about the team and the games. That was very nice to see. And the parents were great.” Ancich said he was not pressured into resigning and the decision solely was his. The Condors’ season was marred by off-field controversy concerning rumors and innuendos alleging undue influence in the transfer of a player to California. The player’s eligibility was cleared by the school and the CIF-Southern Section office. A difference of opinion concerning the goals for the California High School football program is the reason given by Dusan Ancich for his recent resignation as head coach. “I think myself and the school (administrators) had different goals,” said Ancich, who tendered his resignation two weeks ago, although no official statement has been forthcoming from school officials.
Huskies Fill the Bus Food DriveSunday, December 8, 2013 – 11:00amAdvertisement Winter Carnival- Advertisement -Saturday, December 7, 2013 – 11:00amThe North Peace Family Superpark presents a Winter Carnival December 7 11:00am – 4:00pm at the North Peace Secondary School Gymnasium. There will be popcorn, hot dogs, refreshments, cotton candy, bake sale, and sleigh rides. Visit the North Peace Family SuperPark…More Info »Advertisement Huskies GameSaturday, December 7, 2013 – 7:30pmThe Huskies will be playing Slave Lake at the North Peace Arena, warm-up starts at 7:30PM and the game starts at 8PM….More Info » Children’s Christmas PartySunday, December 8, 2013 – 1:00pmThere will be a visit from Santa at 2:00pm. Snacks and refreshments will be provided. All children must be pre registered and it is open to children ages 0-12yrs. All registered children in attendance will be eligible for prizes, there…More Info » FSJ Farmers’ Market & Silent AuctionSaturday, December 7, 2013 – 9:00amOn December 7 & 14 we are holding a silent auction to benefit the FSJ Hospital Foundation! Drop by the market and bid on items from your favourite vendors. Bids close at noon on the 14th. Winning bidders will be…More Info » Huskies Fill the Bus Food Drive is on Sunday Dec 8. All proceeds go to our local Salvation Army. Watch for the boys in their jerseys in your neighborhood or bring your donations to the FSJ Rec Centre between 11-3….More Info »
1 Alexis Sanchez in action for Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is on the brink of signing for Manchester City, according to reports in Chile.The Arsenal forward is approaching the final 12 months of his contract and has so far refused all offers from the club to extend his deal.Arsene Wenger has spoken of his determination to keep Sanchez at the club, claiming he would rather lose him for nothing in 2018 than cash in on his star forward this summer.But, according to reports in his homeland, the Gunners have now reluctantly agreed a deal to sell the 28-year-old to City.Bayern Munich have been heavily linked with a move for Sanchez in recent weeks but he is understood to want to remain in the Premier League.Sanchez, who scored 30 times for Arsenal this season, would become Pep Guardiola’s third summer signing should he seal a switch to the Etihad.Playmaker Bernardo Silva and goalkeeper Ederson have arrived so far in the close season.
2 2 Joe Hart has completed a permanent move from Manchester City to Burnley.The goalkeeper has signed a two-year deal with the Clarets, after they had a bid of around £4million accepted by the Premier League champions. Joe Hart spent the 2017-18 season on loan at West Ham and played 23 times for the Hammers Joe Hart made 348 appearances for Manchester City It brings to an end Hart’s 12-year association with City.Signed from Shrewsbury in 2006, Hart went on to become City’s number one and helped the club win two Premier League titles, two League Cups and the FA Cup.But he was ostracised following the arrival of Pep Guardiola as manager in 2016 and has spent the past two seasons on loan, first at Torino and then at West Ham.Hart, who was won 75 caps for England, will now look to revive his career with Burnley, where he will wear the number 12 shirt.Sean Dyche moved to bring in the 31-year-old after Nick Pope – picked ahead of Hart for the World Cup – dislocated his shoulder during the club’s Europa League qualifying first-leg tie in Aberdeen. Burnley are also currently missing Tom Heaton through injury, leaving Anders Lindegaard as their only fit senior shot-stopper.Lindegaard is likely to start Thursday’s Europa League second qualifying round clash against Istanbul Basaksehi in Turkey.But Hart could make his debut for Burnley on Sunday, when they kick off their Premier League season with a trip to Southampton.He is the second signing made by Burnley this summer following the £15m arrival of defender Ben Gibson from Middlesbrough.
Team Photo- Back Row. Fergal Finn(Team Mentor), Sergi Mc Dermott, Eoghan Campbell, Shane O Donnell, Mark Mc Ginty, Daragh McBride, Ethan Doherty, Jordan Barr, Brendan Horgan, Iarlaith McGinley, Daragh Doherty, Cormac Finn, James Larkin, Gordon Randles (Team Mentor). Front Row-Marty Duffy, Mathew Noonan, Ronan Daly, Rory Doherty, Gavin Forde, Keenan Barrett, Eoghan Dowling, Oisin Randles, Paul O Donnell, Cian Harkin, Peter Magee, Russell Forde, Aoibhin Randles (Maor Uisce) O’Donnell Park Letterkenny was selected as a regional host venue for 8 of the participating teams in the Group stage matches of the under-14 All-Ireland Feile na nGael hurling festival 2014 which took place at Ulster venues over the recent mid-summer weekend.Over 168 hurling teams from clubs throughout Ireland including entries from clubs overseas participated in an event that is recognised as one of the great spectacles of the GAA summer calendar. The St. Eunan’s hurling Féile organising committee with its attention to detail excelled both on and off the field to ensure a superb experience for the 8 participating teams and their supporters at the regional qualifying stage matches for both the Cup and Shield competitions at the sun-splashed Letterkenny venue.Participating teams at the Letterkenny venue included Donegal representatives St. Eunan’s and Buncrana, Clough Ballacolla , Laois; Tommy Larkin’s, Galway; Derry representatives, Na Magha and Banagher; St.Earnan’s, Westmeath and Dublin club Castleknock.Blessed with ideal weather conditions the event was a resounding success with the spirit of Féile fun and participation in evidence throughout at the O’Donnell Park event played over Friday evening and all day Saturday.A positive buzz and a genuine grassroots community spirit was present throughout the excellently organised event.The quality of the on-field hurling skills from all the participating teams was matched in equal measure with the quality of the off-field catering arrangements where the St. Eunan’s hurling Feile organising committee left no stone unturned in providing a variety of foods and refreshments for the visiting teams and supporters.Great credit and thanks is due to the generous Letterkenny businesses who sponsored the variety of foods on offer which was augmented by the contributions from the host club’s families and friends.The St. Eunan’s club volunteers who served up the foods from the tented stalls deserve rich accolades; being in attendance on the Friday evening and all-day Saturday.The previous Sunday morning’s cake sale and coffee morning fundraiser set the buzz and tone which was to characterise the host club’s first-class event.Thanks is also due to the families who hosted the hurlers from Laois club Clough Ballacolla.The excellent playing surfaces of the O Donnell Park and adjoining training grounds provided a firm sod for the high-octane displays of hurling skills and competitive spirit from these whole-hearted under-14 grade players. Superb goals and points of the short and long range variety were on a display and none better than the score of the day from St.Eunan’s player Shane O Donnell in a match versus Inishowen’s Buncrana.Shane won possession some fifty metres from the opposing goal and balancing the sliothar on his hurl, sprinted some 30 metres before unleashing a wonder strike to the roof of the net.Buncrana ran out very narrow winners in this superb group game with due credit to both sides for a titanic encounter.Abundant hurling skills, teamwork and sportsmanship was in evidence from all 8 teams and following the quarter- final stages the qualifying teams who went forward to the finals hosted in Armagh and Owenbeg Derry were as follows: Shield: Clough Ballacolla, Laois and Westmeath’s, St.Earnan’s. Cup qualifiers were Na Magha, Derry and Castleknock, Dublin . Following the Letterkenny stage; the St. Eunan’s Hurling Féile Committee, hosted an evening of entertainment and a meal for their visiting club Clough Ballacolla, Laois at the Arena 7 complex.Players and supporters from both teams enjoyed a sociable gathering where the two club managements expressed their thanks for the manner in which, the event was organised.Team mentors Fergal Finn and Gordon Randles expressed their pride in both the performances of the players and the level of support from their families in hosting a very enjoyable and successful hurling event.Pauric Daly, St. Eunan’s Minor Board chairman commended the teamwork from everyone involved in ensuring a very successful Féile na nÓg 2014 hurling weekend in O’Donnell Park.He thanked the local businesses, families and friends of the club who supported the catering provided for the visiting teams and their supporters.It was a win-win event for participants and spectators and in particular for our young hurlers and their management team whose skills and commitment were clearly evident throughout the weekend.A big thank-you to the Local Letterkenny Companies who supported the Féile 2014 at the O’Donnell Park venue with Food and Facilities.————————————————————————————————————Sponsors and for the event were: Letterkenny Credit Union; Joe’s Butchers; Aldi Letterkenny; Charlie’s Café; Donegal Printing; Four Lanterns; Stateside American Diner; Tesco; Mc Donald’s; Happy Days; Letterkenny Shopping Centre; Value Centre; Dunnes Stores; Spar Glencar; Hillbillies; Gormleys Centra; Macs Mace; Pat’s Pizza; Quiet Moment; Bread/Butter; Sandwich Company; Martin Anderson Catering Company; L.Y.F.S.PICTURE SPECIAL: ST EUNAN’S HOST HUGELY SUCCESSFUL U14 ALL-IRELAND FÉILE NA NGAEL was last modified: June 25th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:All-Ireland FeileGAAHURLINGnewsNoticesSportSt Eunansu14
PEBBLE BEACH — Former President George H.W. Bush was no stranger to the Monterey Peninsula, playing the Pebble Beach AT&T National Pro-Am in 1994 and 1995.Former President George Bush greets fans as he walks to the fifth hole at Spyglass Hill during the first round of the 1994 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro Am. (Vern Fisher, Monterey Herald)Bush played alongside the legendary Arnold Palmer and is quoted in a 2014 GolfChannel article saying “Some of these big-shots are so contemptuous of lousy …
* * *Subscribe to the Mercury News and East Bay Times for $40 a year and receive a free Warriors championship coffee table book* * *LOS ANGELES – The Warriors have shown that infectious joy in recent days, and why not?The Warriors (32-14) enter Monday’s game against the Los Angeles Lakers (25-22) with a seven-game winning streak. They like the first returns on DeMarcus Cousins’ debut after rehabbing his left Achilles tendon in a year. They spent five days here that coincided with a pleasant …
In April, the World Bank announced that it would grant the utility a US$3.75-billion loan to co-finance the 4 800 MW Medupi coal-fired power plant in Limpopo as well as the country’s first large wind and concentrated power projects. “Eskom is on record saying that in order to plug the gap in electricity supply over the next few years, South Africa needs new base-load power stations like Medupi and Kusile. Funding to complete the Medupi station has recently been approved by the World Bank,” Eskom said. “We are working hard to resolve the funding issue because there is no viable option to replace Kusile,” O’Flaherty said. “Without the additional power from Kusile from 2014, there could be constraints on South Africa’s economic growth.” On Wednesday, Eskom said it had concluded a loan worth approximately R1-billion with Deutsche Bank which will be used to fund 85% of the turbine pump contract for the 1 352 MW Ingula pump storage scheme, which is situated on the boundary of KwaZulu-Natal and Free Sate. The second loan agreement, of approximately R600-million, arranged by Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, will be used to fund the 4 800 MW Medupi power station construction in Lephalale, Limpopo. Eskom said that it was still committed to building Kusile and that it had been in discussions with the government to explore various funding options for the project. South African state power company Eskom has signed two loans with Deutsche Bank and Credit Agricole, worth approximately R1.6-billion, to fund construction at its Ingula pump storage scheme and Medupi power station. 26 August 2010 Eskom financial director Paul O’Flaherty pointed out that the company was a key contributor to the growth of the South African economy. “Funding is a critical enabler for the successful execution of the capacity expansion programme and export credit agency backed funding compliments our other sources of funding in the Eskom funding plan.” Securing funding Kusile still on track There are no plans to cancel the Kusile Power Station project, Eskom said, following media reports that the station, which is being built in Emalahleni, Mpumalanga, was going to be cancelled. Source: BuaNews